Today’s episode is extra long! Our topic is scholé and how it changes with the seasons of motherhood. Brandy, Pam, Mystie, and Abby talked about having all preschoolers, starting to homeschool, the teen years, and then guessed what the particular challenges might be in launching children. It was a long episode because it’s a big topic!
Join us in the Sistership!
Many fun things are going on in the Sistership these days. Abby is prepping a follow-up contemplation session for Spring Training. If you wish Spring Training wasn’t over, you’ll be thrilled with what she has in the works.
Also, all the Sophies are getting a bookbag this summer! They are very cute and we are super excited about them. Click here to get in on all this and more!
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Practice deep thinking.
Listen to the podcast:
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Only the Lover Sings: Art and Contemplation by Josef Pieper
- In Tune with the World: A Theory of Festivity by Josef Pieper
- What does Mystie mean when she says TJ to Pam … or when Brandy says STJs in her house …? [hint: personality]
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Norms and Nobility: A Treatise on Education by David Hicks
- Poetic Knowledge by James Taylor
- Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- John Holt, author
- Scholé (Restful) Learning with Dr. Christopher Perrin
- Morning Time
- The Homeschool Consistency Boot Camp
- Charlotte Mason Boot Camp