Our guest on the show this time is Dr. Kevin Clark. Kevin is the founder of The Ecclesial Schools Initiative, an organization that’s partnering with local churches to plant a network of affordable and accessible Christian classical schools. Kevin is an Alcuin fellow with The Society for Classical Learning and a member of the teaching faculty in the Master of Arts in Classical Teaching program at The Templeton Honors College. Most importantly, he is Taryn’s husband and father to Aubrey, Caedmon, Naomi, and Eleanor.
In today’s episode, Mystie and Brandy have a rousing conversation with Kevin Clark about the trivium and grammar sections of the revised edition of The Liberal Arts Tradition. What changes were made to the book for this new edition, and why? You will really enjoy hearing his answers!
Have you upgraded your Sistership membership to Sophie level yet?
We highly recommend you do – Spring Training is included for no extra charge, plus you get access to all the other great things, including the Cutting Room Floor from this episode. We chatted with Kevin for over 90 minutes! Brandy had to cut a lot, and it wasn’t just his dog barking. As a Sophie Member, you can listen to the cutting room floor selections while you wait for the next session of Spring Training. Click here to find out more.
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Listen to the podcast:
- Modern Times: The World from the Twenties to the Eighties by Paul Johnson
- A History of the American People by Paul Johnson
- None Greater: The Undomesticated Attributes of God by Matthew Barrett
- The Well-Educated Mind: A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had by Susan Wise Bauer
- The Liberal Arts Tradition (revised edition) on Kindle by Kevin Clark and Ravi Scott Jain
- The Liberal Arts Tradition (revised edition) by Kevin Clark and Ravi Scott Jain
- Books by author, Ernst Curtius
- Politics by Aristotle (translated by Benjamin Jowett)
- The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri (translated by Dorothy Sayers)
- The Lost Tools of Learning by Dorothy L. Sayers
- The Discarded Image: And Introduction to Medieval and Renaissance Literature by C.S. Lewis
- Ourselves (Volume 4 of the Home Education Series) by Charlotte Mason
- Lysis by Plato (translated by Benjamin Jowett)
- Institutes of Oratory by Quintilian
- Master and Commander by Patrick O’Brian (narrated by Patrick Tull)
- The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin
- Welcome to Homeschooling blog post by Brandy Vencel (Afterthoughts)
- In Tune With the World by Josef Pieper
- Only the Lover Sings: Art and Contempation by Josef Pieper
- Tending the Heart of Virtue: How Classic Stories Awaken a Child’s Moral Imagination by Vigen Guroian