SS #47: Rightly Dividing (with Karen Glass!!)
Mystie and Brandy are glad to have Karen Glass back on the show to help us kick off Season 8. Karen is the author of Consider This: Charlotte Mason and the Classical Tradition and Know and Tell: The Art of Narration and a member of the Advisory of AmblesideOnline. She has four children, mostly grown and married, who were homeschooled using Charlotte Mason’s methods from beginning to end. Karen has been studying and writing about Charlotte Mason and Classical Education for over twenty years
For this episode, Brandy, Mystie, and Karen discussed division — what it is, how people do or don’t cause it, and whether it’s always wrong.
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by the book In Memoriam: A Tribute to Charlotte Mason. After Charlotte Mason died in 1923, a memorial service resembling an educational conference was held in her honor. Those who had spent years observing her life and work warmly described her impact on their own lives and careers. These sentiments — some philosophical, some personal — were recorded in the book In Memoriam. In Memoriam is biography, memoir and philosophical commentary all in one, but more importantly, it’s great February reading — you’ll find it full of small, inspiring bites that warm your insides and get you philosophically motivated. Grab your copy on Amazon today!
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Scholé Everyday
- Dante’s Inferno by Dante Aligheri
- Richard III by William Shakespeare
- The Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir
- Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir
- The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
- The Princes in the Tower by Alison Weir
- Loving to Know by Esther Meek
- The Education of the Young in the Republic of Plato by Bernard Bosanquet
- How to Be Unlucky by Josh Gibbs
- The Consolation of Philosophy by Boethius
- Silence by Shusaku Endo
- The Children of Men by P. D. James
- Topical Discussion: Rightly Dividing
- Home Education Series, volume 4 by Charlotte M. Mason
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- Love Came Down by Sinclair B. Ferguson
- Homeschooling with the Classics on Instagram
Please leave us a review in Apple Podcasts!
If you upgraded to iOS 11, you’ll find leaving a review easier than ever. Just go to Scholé Sisters in your subscriptions and scroll down.