SS #23: The Nitty-Gritty Guide to Homeschooling High School Boys (with Cindy Rollins)
In her book Mere Motherhood, Cindy Rollins made the passing comment that she was not as big of a fan of homeschooling high school boys as she had been in the past. This turned into a rumor: Cindy Rollins doesn’t think boys should be homeschooled in high school. Um. NOT TRUE. Today, Mystie and Brandy chat with Cindy about homeschooling high school boys (as well as using AmblesideOnline for high school), the pros, the cons, and how to know if it’s time to let it go.
Thank you to our sponsor:
Plan Your Year is the homeschool planner that shows you how. It walks you step-by-step through creating a homeschool plan unique to your home, your kids, your family. There are over 40 printable planning pages plus an 80-page planning guide where Pam walks you through creating your plan. Nothing ever expires and you get free updates every year. It’s the only homeschool planner you will ever need. Click here to check out a free sample pack of planning pages and more info.
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Scholé RDA
- Beauty in the Word by Stratford Caldecott
- Consider This by Karen Glass (also mentioned)
- TMR (too many Russians)
- A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles
- Laurus by Eugene Vodolazkin
- War and Peace with Lily James and James Norton
- Eifelheim by Michael Flynn
- Topical Discussion: HOMESCHOOLING HIGH SCHOOL BOYS
- Mere Motherhood by Cindy Rollins
- Kindred Conference (audio available for purchase!)
- James Daniels on boys
- A Handbook For Morning Time by Cindy Rollins
- Buffett: The Making of an American Capitalist by Roger Lowenstein
- Start Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?
We now have two options! Go fill out this handy little form OR leave a voicemail and your question might be featured on a future episode of the show!