SS #22: Don’t Lose That Lovin’ Feelin’
For today’s episode, we had quite the discussion surrounding the idea of interest and being interested – what does it mean, are we born interested, how do we lose interest over time, how do we gain it, what do we do when our children aren’t interested? We talked about a lot!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Teaching Reading with Bob Books. Teaching Reading with Bob Books is a line of printable phonics lessons that is 100% gimmick-free. The goal of the Teaching Reading with Bob Books method is to teach reading as simply as possible– it aims at that little space in your day where reading muscles are grown—the key ten to fifteen minutes of instruction that can change a child’s life. Use the discount code sisters to get 15% off at checkout.
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Scholé RDA
- The Living Page: Keeping Notebooks with Charlotte Mason by Laurie Bestvater
- Dawn Garrett: Ladydusk
- Voxer app
- At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon
- Nature journal
- The Four Adventures of Richard Hannay
- The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey (also mentioned)
- Topical Discussion: DON’T LOSE THAT LOVIN’ FEELING’
- Beauty in the Word by Stratford Caldecott
- A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
- Home Education by Charlotte Mason
- Life of Fred
- Richard Halliburton’s Book of Marvels
- For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macauley
- Charlotte Mason Boot Camp
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?
We now have two options! Go fill out this handy little form OR leave a voicemail and your question might be featured on a future episode of the show!