The Chronicles of Narnia
An impressive hardcover volume containing all seven books in the classic fantasy series The Chronicles of Narnia, graced by black-and-white chapter opening illustrations and featuring an essay by C. S. Lewis on writing. This volume also contains C. S. Lewis's essay "On Three Ways of Writing for Children."
Fantastic creatures, heroic deeds, epic battles in the war between good and evil, and unforgettable adventures come together in this world where magic meets reality, which has been enchanting readers of all ages for over sixty years. The Chronicles of Narnia has transcended the fantasy genre to become a part of the canon of classic literature.
This edition presents all seven books—The Magician's Nephew; The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe;The Horse and His Boy; Prince Caspian; The Voyage of the Dawn Treader; The Silver Chair; and The Last Battle—unabridged. The books appear according to C. S. Lewis's preferred order and each chapter features a chapter opening illustration by the original artist, Pauline Baynes.
As mentioned in:
- Episode #16 – Don’t Be The White Witch, specifically The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe
- Episode #34 – Bling Your Pre-Reading with a Notebook Makeover (with Celeste Cruz) by Celeste during the Scholé Everyday segment
- Episode #43 – Forgotten Classics
- Episode #57 – Heroes First! (with Wendi Capehart) (specifically The Last Battle)
- Episode #59 – Scholé Group Therapy by Pam during the Scholé Everyday segment (specifically The Dawn Treader)