SS #68: Make Classical Education Scholé Again
In today’s episode, Mystie, Abby, and Brandy take on the trials and tribulations of classical homeschooling. The three of them talk solutions to rescue a ho-hum classical education. It’s so easy to get away from scholé and become rabid box-checkers. How do we revive ourselves when that happens? That’s what today’s discussion is all about!
You’re on lockdown. It’s really time to join the Sistership.
Join the Sistership! In these trying times, practically our ONLY community is our online community. Ironic, hm? We’ve got some great book clubs going, a Plutarch class, and more! Just click here and sign up for the Premier membership! You’ll help support the podcast and get fun and interesting bonus audio all at once!
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Listen to the podcast:
- Prisoners of Geography: Ten Maps that Explain Everything About the World by Tim Marshall
- Politics of Place series by Tim Marshall
- A Flag Worth Dying For: The Power and Politics of National Symbols by Tim Marshall
- The Age of Walls: How Barriers Between Nations are Changing Our World by Tim Marshall
- Kenilworth by Sir Walter Scott
- The Philosophy of Tolkien by Peter Kreeft
- Sophie’s World by Jostein Gaarder
- Philosophy 100 Essential Thinkers by Philip Stokes
- The Christmas Mystery by Jostein Gaarder
- Who was Charlotte Mason?
- A Philosophy of Education (Volume 6 of the Home Education Series) by Charlotte Mason
- Scholé Sisters Local Retreats: Learning Well with Cindy Rollins!
- Who is Cindy Rollins?
- In Tune With the World by Josef Pieper
- Poetic Knowledge by James S. Taylor
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Rex Barks: Diagramming Sentences Made Easy by Phyllis Davenport
- Scholé Sisters Local Retreats: Laughing Well with Cindy Rollins!
- True Dignity by William Wordsworth