SS #36: Is Scholé for Everyone?
In today’s episode, Brandy, Pam, and Mystie raise the question of whether scholé is for everyone. Or is it just for the bookish and more academic? They had to begin by defining scholé, of course. This episode is about scholé in real life with our kids and FOR our kids. How do we help them “do scholé”? There are some big questions discussed this time!
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Teaching Reading with Bob Books. Teaching Reading with Bob Books is a line of printable phonics lessons that is 100% gimmick-free. The goal of the TRwBB method is to teach reading as simply as possible — it aims at that little space in your day where reading muscles are grown — the key ten to fifteen minutes of instruction that can change a child’s life. Click here and use the discount code sisters to get 15% off at checkout.
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Scholé Everyday:
- Scholé Sisters Instagram Account!!
- Rethinking School by Susan Wise Bauer
- Susan Wise Bauer interviews with CiRCE (also mentioned)
- The Self-Driven Child by William Stixrud PhD and Ned Johnson
- Scholé Sisters Retreat (also mentioned)
- Drive by Daniel Pink (also mentioned)
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- Writing to Learn by William Zinsser (also mentioned)
- Topical Discussion: Scholé As Secret Weapon
- What is Scholé by Mystie Winckler
- Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- Highfalutin Homeschooler
Please leave us a review in Apple Podcasts!
If you upgraded to iOS 11, you’ll find leaving a review easier than ever. Just go to Scholé Sisters in your subscriptions and scroll down.