SS #13: Learning Styles Are Bunk
On today’s show, Pam and Brandy discuss learning styles and the fact that there is no scientific evidence whatsoever to back them up. (Obviously, Pam is trying to get us into trouble.) But REALLY, it was a great discussion, even if somewhat controversial. Also, if you’ve ever wondered how learning styles intersect — or not — with the classical tradition, we manage to Go There.
In our Nitty Gritty Question, we also confess our regrets and do over desires in regard to early childhood education in our homes.
Thank you to our sponsor:
This episode is sponsored by Your Morning Basket. Your Morning Basket is a guide that shows you step-by-step how to add the practice of Morning Time and delight to your homeschool day. Check out the guide and the companion podcast at yourmorningbasket.com.
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Scholé RDA:
- Your Morning Basket Podcast
- Memorize the Faith by Kevin Vost
- Memorize the Reasons by Kevin Vost
- Cindy = Cindy Rollins
- Memorize the Mass by Kevin Vost
- Jenny Rallens’ CiRCE podcast episode on memory
- BBC Sherlock
- Norms and Nobility by David Hicks
- Topical Discussion: Learning Styles are Bunk
- Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.