The Intellectual Life: Its Spirit, Conditions, Methods
"Fr. Sertillanges's teachings are as timeless as any truths which describe the genuine nature of things. . . . This book is highly recommended not only for intellectuals, but also for students and those discerning their vocation in life."―New Oxford Review
"[This] is above all a practical book. It discusses with a wealth of illustration and insight such subjects as the organization of the intellectual worker's time, materials, and his life; the integration of knowledge and the relation of one's specialty to general knowledge; the choice and use of reading; the discipline of memory; the taking of notes, their classification and use; and the preparation and organization of the final production."―The Sign
As mentioned in:
- Episode #40 – Moms Learn and Grow! (Part II with Cindy Rollins!)
- Episode #45 – Need Scholé? Just Add Joy!
- Episode #46 – What the Dickens? by Brandy Vencel during the Scholé Everyday segment
- Episode #53 – You’ve Got a Friend in Me
- Episode #61 – Have Your Humble Pie … And Eat It, Too!
- Episode #63 – Who’s Your Daddy?
- Episode #80 – Let’s Get Physical (Gymnastic in a Classical Education)