Family traditions become established, sometimes quite by accident and sometimes because “we’ve always done it that way.” But the best family traditions are thoughtfully cultivated. With Hallelujah: Cultivating Advent Traditions With Handel’s Messiah, Cindy Rollins leads the way in building a rich Advent tradition for you and your family. Inside you will find:
- Weekly Scripture passages, hymns, and poems,
- Daily Messiah listening schedule with background information from Greg Wilbur
- An overview of the church calendar by Thomas Banks
- Advent, Christmas, and Epiphany recipes, and
- Suggestions for celebrating the Advent feasts of St. Nicholas
and St. Lucia.
Cindy also invited four of her friends to share how they celebrate Advent with their own families.
- Episode #55 – Make Your Retreat a Treat!