SS #00: Welcome to Scholé Sisters (Our Introductory Episode!!)
An introductory episode, naturally, needs to cover all the basics. In this episode, we start by introducing ourselves. Then, we discuss the word scholé – how is it pronounced? What does it mean? After that, we discuss Scholé Sisters groups. Pam and Brandy have more formal groups, while Mystie has mastered the fine art of informal scholé with friends. And then, we finish up by explaining the podcast itself – what it’s for, the format of the show, how it’s going to work, that sort of thing.
Grab a cup of something yummy and get ready for a treat!
Listen to the podcast:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Meet the Sisters:
- Mystie Winckler
- Brandy Vencel
- A Peaceful Day
- Cindy Rollins
- Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- Bad Days and Weeks: Troubleshooting Difficulties in the Home Schoolroom
- How to Start Your Own Scholé Sisters Group (our free ebook)
- How to Start Your Own Scholé Sisters Group (video workshop)
- Dr. Christopher Perrin
- Why Slow Reading Matters More Than You’d Expect
- Hard Times by Charles Dickens
- Fairy Tales and the Moral Imagination talk by Andrew Pudewa
- Keeping a Nature Journal by Clare Walker Leslie
- Start Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles
- Working at Homeschool Interview with Pam Barnhill
- Using Voxer to Build Community
- Your Morning Basket Podcast
- The Homeschool Snapshot Podcast
Please leave us a review in iTunes!
If you don’t know how to do that, click here for illustrated instructions.
Want to ask an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question?
Just fill out this handy little form or record it and be on the podcast!
[contact-form to=’email@example.com’ subject=’Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Leave your suggestion below for an upcoming Nitty Gritty Homeschool Question to be featured on the show.’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]