Our guest today is Ravi Jain, who is now tied with Cindy Rollins for the Scholé Sisters title for Most Appearances as this is his third time on the show. Ravi Jain has a BA from Davidson College, an M.A. from Reformed Theological Seminary, and a Graduate Certificate in Mathematics from the University of Central Florida. He coauthored The Liberal Arts Tradition with Kevin Clark, now translated into Chinese.
Ravi currently teaches Calculus, AP Calculus, and Physics at the Geneva School in Orlando, Florida. He has given over 150 talks and workshops throughout America, Africa, and China on topics related to education, theology, mathematics, and science. He has served as a deacon in his church and is a founding Alcuin fellow. He enjoys spending time with his two boys, Judah and Xavier, and his wife Kelley Anne, whom he met in Japan.
Today’s discussion is Brandy’s favorite so far from this season because she finally got to ask Ravi Jain about a number of things she’s been thinking pondering; his thoughts on things like multiculturalism and Western Imperialism and how they relate to Christian Classical education in general and the Christian classical school movement in China in particular are fascinating.
Have you joined the Scholé Sisters Sistership yet? If not, you are missing out on some of the best conversations for classical homeschooling moms on the internet. Mystie is leading a book study for Sophie level members through The Liberal Arts Tradition right now. It’s never too late to join because this study will always be available for Sophies in the form of a study guide. This is just one of the many benefits of a Sophie level Sistership membership.
Listen to the podcast:
- Quintilian: The Orator’s Education, Volume 1, Books 1-2 (Loeb Classical Library) by Quintilian and Donald A. Russell
- Quintilian: The Orator’s Education, Volume IV, Books 9-10 (Loeb Classical Library) by Quintilian and Donald A. Russell
- Dominion: How the Christian Revolution Remade the World by Tom Holland
- Persian Fire: The First World Empire and the Battle for the West by Tom Holland
- On Christian Teaching by Augustine
- Some links on the men and churches mentioned in this podcast:
- Wang Yi: The long road from WORLD Magazine
- My Declaration of Faithful Disobedience by Wang Li
- Matthew Su: Education unlimited from WORLD Magazine
- China To Christians: We’re Rewriting The Bible, And You’ll Use It Or Else from The Federalist