Mere Discipleship: Growing in Wisdom and Hope
In exploring Christian discipleship, Alister McGrath encourages readers to move beyond a superficial grasp of their faith to discover its depth and riches. He equips readers to grow in wisdom and develop an accurate Christian worldview that informs the way they think, imagine, and act.
Helpfully drawing on the insights of other illuminating writers, including Dorothy L. Sayers, C. S. Lewis, John Stott, and J. I. Packer, McGrath offers counsel on holding on to hope while journeying through darkness and on how to live meaningfully in a world in which things don't always seem to make sense.More info →
The Open Secret
Natural theology, in the view of many, is in crisis. In this long-awaited book, Alister McGrath sets out a new vision for natural theology, re-establishing its legitimacy and utility.
- A timely and innovative resource on natural theology: the exploration of knowledge of God as it is observed through nature
- Written by internationally regarded theologian and author of numerous bestselling books, Alister McGrath
- Develops an intellectually rigorous vision of natural theology as a point of convergence between the Christian faith, the arts and literature, and the natural sciences, opening up important possibilities for dialogue and cross-fertilization
- Treats natural theology as a cultural phenomenon, broader than Christianity itself yet always possessing a distinctively Christian embodiment
- Explores topics including beauty, goodness, truth, and the theological imagination; how investigating nature gives rise to both theological and scientific theories; the idea of a distinctively Christian approach to nature; and how natural theology can function as a bridge between Christianity and other faiths