SS #76: The Wonder Years (Quintilian and the Classical Preschool)
Is there really such a thing as classical education for preschoolers? You may be surprised to learn that yes the ancients actually had opinions on what to do with the little ones entrusted to us. In today’s episode, Mystie, Brandy, and Abby discuss a bit about what Plato, Aristotle, and Quintilian had to say on this subject.
Registration for Loving Well is now open!
Registration is now open for this year’s online local retreats which will take place live on Saturday October 10th. The theme of this year’s retreat is Loving Well and our guest speaker is the one and only Karen Glass! This is going to be a wonderful time in which we deeply explore the topic of love as it relates to homeschooling, mothering, and continuing our own educations. Click here to register.
If you want to host a local retreat event, just click here to fill out the form and we’ll help you pull it off.
Download Your Scholé Sheet:
Practice deep thinking.
Listen to the podcast:
- The Liberty of Logic: Discover freedom and confidence through principles of sound thinking
- The Philosophy of Tolkien: The Worldview Behind the Lord of the Rings by Peter Kreeft
- Mathematics: Is God Silent? by James Nickel
- Wonder in Math with Ravi Jain (access inside Sistership only)
- Arithmetic by Paul Lockhart
- Mathematicians Are People, Too: Stories from the Lives of Great Mathematicians by Luetta Reimer and Wilbert Reimer
- String Straight-edge and Shadow by Julia E. Diggins
- The Liberal Arts Tradition (Revised Edition): A Philosophy of Classical Christian Education by Kevin Clark and Ravi Jain [Kindle]. Also available here in hardback.
- In Vital Harmony: Charlotte Mason and the Natural Laws of Education by Karen Glass
- Start Here: A Journey Through Charlotte Mason’s 20 Principles by Brandy Vencel
- Bonus Area (inside Sistership)
- The Pension Plan by Josiah Vencel
- The Great Tradition: Classic Readings on What It Means to Be an Educated Human Being by Richard Gamble
- Brandy’s phonics program: Teaching Reading with Bob Books
- Registration for the annual fall online local retreat: 2020 Loving Well
- Register as a hostess for the 2020 Loving Well retreat: ScholeSisters.com/Leaders