SS #58: Scholé is Diffuse (with Ashley Woleben!)
We’re happy to have Ashley Woleben on the show today! Ashley is a military wife and homeschooling mother to five. She obtained a BA concentrating on the fields of anthropology and classical studies and has completed her MA in humanities with a focus on Medieval theology and global literature. Focusing on philosophical anthropology, she is currently co-hosting The Classical Homeschool Podcast and blogging at Between the Linens.
In today’s episode, we discuss so many good things — what scholé is and how it relates to what the book A Mind for Numbers calls “diffuse mode learning,” plus how to make scholé a part of your life. Ashley is always a very interesting person to talk to and I know you’ll love this episode.
It’s not too late to join in our retreat fun!
If you are listening to this episode the day it comes out, then the Scholé Sisters fall retreat is one week from TOMORROW! September 21st! We’re so excited! If you want to plan a local retreat for your group, click here to get more information or sign up. If you want to register as an individual, click here.
Listen to the podcast:
- Awakening Wonder: A Classical Guide to Truth, Goodness & Beauty by Steven Turley, PhD
- Norms and Nobility: A Treatise on Education by David V. Hicks
- Anchoritic Spirituality by Nicholas Watson
- Encouragement to join a Scholé group
- A Mind for Numbers: How to Excel at Math and Science (Even If You Flunked Algebra) by Barbara Oakley, PhD.
- Leisure: The Basis of Culture by Josef Pieper
- The Liberal Arts Tradition: A Philosophy of Christian Classical Education by Ravi Jain and Kevin Clark
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Who is Dr. Christopher Perrin?
- Who was St. Augustine?
- Who was John Calvin?
- Who was Symeon the Stylite?
- Dream Poetry by Chaucer
- Catherine Doherty’s work
- Who was Charlotte Mason?
- Mystie mentions Voxer
- The Power of Silence: Against the Dictatorship of Noise by Cardinal Robert Sarah
- Jennifer and Ashley read a book together. Who is Jennifer?
- Till We Have Faces: A Myth Retold by C.S. Lewis
- The story of Abraham and Isaac is found in Genesis, chapter 22
- Ashley mentions her daughter being an INTP
- Who is Andrew Pudewa?
- Who is Elisabeth Elliot?