Welcome to your exclusive local retreat Hostess page!
We strongly recommend you bookmark this page to return to at a later date if needed.
Thank you for purchasing your hostess kit!
Here’s how the process works:
- You – the group leader – purchase the hostess kit. ✅
- Next, please fill out the form about your group event.
- You arrange your local location and invitation and food details. Based on these plans, you determine the cost to attend the event per person ($25 for the retreat access + any extra expenses you need to cover per person).
- You publicize the event and send invitations as desired. It can be small and close-knit or a wide-open community affair.
- At your event, you receive payments and registration information from each attendee. This information can also be used by you for follow-up – some local support groups start this way!
- After you send us your retreat group registration form, we invoice you $22 per person. $3/person is yours to cover the cost of your kit and retreat expenses.
- We then email your attendees lifetime access to the replays, a coupon code for use inside Sistership, as well as access to the discussion area for the retreat also inside the Sistership.
- After turning in your invoice, you also receive a hostess coupon code gift as a thank you for stepping up as a local leader.
- Everyone gets free lifetime access to the replays!
The local group rate is $25 per attendee, which you can collect ahead of time or at the door. After your live, local event, send us your group registration form (part of the kit) and we’ll invoice you for $22/person. This is a discount of $13 for your sisters, and each of them will still receive a link for lifetime access to the replays (if they provide their email address). Plus, you keep $3 of each person’s registration to reimburse your kit cost – the more people you have, the lower your cost!
- 4 quality sessions
- a checklist to help you not forget any details
- a low-cost option for a homeschool mom’s day out
- a pdf with note-taking pages
- discussion question cards
- invitation files and wording to copy
- an optional schedule with time for small group discussions between sessions
- registration paperwork
- special gifts for the hostess as well as attendees
- name tags
- the venue
- the food plan (take-out, cater, potluck, simple snacks – you’ll want something for this all-day event)
- the invitation process
- the hostessing of the event
The live event will be broadcast using Crowdcast.
If you have trouble accessing Crowdcast, contact their support. If you have technical trouble, try reloading. We will have a tech-check broadcast half an hour before the start of the first talk (9am Pacific on Saturday, October 7, 2023).
** The first session will begin at 9:30am Pacific and the final session will end at 3:45pm Pacific.
Quick Crowdcast tour:
Feel free to copy any of the wording in an email from Scholé Sisters or on the information page in your own emails or social media posts about your local retreat.
- 1-page invitation (pdf)
- 1-page invitation (.docx)
- 1-page invitation (.pages)
- 1-page invitation (Google docs)
- half-page invitation (pdf)
- half-page invitation (.docx)
- half-page invitation (.pages)
- half-page invitation (Google docs)
- half-page invitation with more details (pdf only)
(print both sides, choose flip on short edge)
- half-page invitation with more details (Google docs)
- download the retreat graphic to use
Add your own start and end time for your live event so that there is enough time for registrations and chit chat before the sessions begin and also enough time to discuss some more afterwards.
If you’re using the replays, you can schedule them whenever works for your group, with breaks of whatever length you’d like. Each session will be a separate recording to push play on.
- Blank schedule
- Pacific Daylight Time
- Mountain Daylight Time
- Central Daylight Time
- Eastern Daylight Time
- Alaska Daylight Time
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- United Kingdom
Discussion Questions & Handouts
- Retreat note-taking booklet for you and your attendees
- Small group discussion questions
- Name tags (can be printed on Avery 25395 labels)
Does our event have to be on October 7?
No! If your event will be on a different day, please let us know so we can contact you at the right time after your event to follow up with registrations and invoicing. Replays will be available at the same link on Crowdcast immediately and available as Vimeo video replays on the retreat page on Monday, October 9.
Some groups are even using the retreat one session at a time during their monthly meetings. That totally works! Just collect the registration at the first meeting and submit your group registration form.
We started late. Can we start the live session from the beginning?
Unfortunately this isn’t supported by Crowdcast. While a session is live, you can watch live. The replay can begin at the beginning a few minutes after the live recording has ended.
Help! I’m not seeing the live session!
Notice the “schedule” link in the upper left hand corner. Click it to navigate between sessions.
What if only 2 people come? Will we get the group rate?
Yes. All local groups get the group rate, regardless of size.
How do my friends register?
Your friends should register at the door on the day of your local retreat with you and not on our site. If an attendee shows a receipt that they already paid on our site, then simply leave them off your registration sheet.
To get the group rate, however, they’ll pay to you, then we’ll invoice you afterwards.
Why do I have to pay more as the hostess?
The hostess purchases a kit with supplies in the mail to make her event special. She collects $25 per attendee. After the event, we invoice for $22/attendee (not including the hostess), so as long as you have 3 or more attendees, you also wind up with the group rate PLUS all the extra goodies in the mail. The bigger the event, the more of a discount the hostess gets.
Is this for classical or Charlotte Mason moms only?
No! We’re going to be talking to the intentional, purposeful homeschool mom who wants to do a good job and also not burn out while doing her best. No matter what your homeschool method, this will be a day of refreshment and renewal with a little kick-in-the-pants honesty.
Is this retreat Christian?
Yes. We will open and close in prayer and our message will be grounded in the truth of the gospel.
If you have an attendee who ends up unhappy with the content because the gospel offends her, give her a refund and we will not charge her (or she may contact us after your invoice is paid for a refund).